Monday 7 February 2011

February 7th

Oh, hi! It's been...three evenings with no blog? *slaps wrist*

Well, my weekend was filled with work (*cough* procrastination *cough*) and stuff, so nothing exciting. Except I had a phone conversation with Harry which was lovely. YES to Nandos on Saturday :D

So, my day: I woke up at five and didn't get up until quarter to six, when I went downstairs, made myself some soup for lunch, had coffee and ate breakfast - all before 6:40 which I thought was a bit of an achievement. Despite my early start, I still didn't make it to my usual half past seven train so was consequently late again.

First, theory. Blegh. Couldn't concentrate properly even with my coffee fix and a large bowl of Crunchy Nut Clusters.
Next, Psychology. More conformity. Character traits which make you less likely to conform. Actually I got a little annoyed, because one of the traits was if you were a social hero - you were just programmed to go against the grain and not conform. So she asked us which people we knew in history who were social heroes, such as Mandela, Gandhi, Pankhurst etc. And I said Hitler.

Which was a fair point, if you think about it. Ok - maybe Hitler wasn't a hero as such. But he still forced his way through what most people thought and turned what he thought into what everyone else thought and set up the Nazi Party. Which, in a way, was still resisting conformity because he didn't do what everyone else did. It's like retrograde social heroism. And it's all relative too - people in the Nazi Party would have considered Hitler a social hero because he set about doing what they all believed in. They all believed in purifying Germany and attempting to create a master race for the greater good. For HIS greater good, anyway. Hitler was a fantastic leader. He was one of the most effective and determined leaders this world has ever seen. Completely evil, yes. And he did unforgivable things. But he was brilliant.

Plus he was pretty striking. And eeeeeever so slightly good looking. I mean, look at the tash and the imposing glare!

I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH NOR DO I SUPPORT THE NAZI PARTY

Rant over. >_<

Then English, by which time I was starting to wax a bit as my first break would be at twelve. Concentration started waning and right now, I cannot remember anything other than Harry telling Miss Kear that he loved her in Latin. In several different ways. That's how much he means it.

After that, Biology, in which I really started to lose my energy. THERE WAS A NEW GIRL. *shifty eyes* Seriously though, you'd have thought after a hearty breakfast, a multi-grain bar and a few cups of cream of tomato soup I'd be made for the rest of the day! But no. No energy whatsoever. Zap. Bang. Gone. zZzZzZz.

MUSICA. Doss for the whole lesson, right? WRONG. COMPOSING COMPOSING COMPOSING. Ten weeks and my composition is nowhere near finished. *bites nails*

Lastly, I have to ask what on earth everyone's going to do without Silent Witness? I'm like dying here.


Rollin' up, oh, rollin' down
We'll all get drunk in Tilbury Town
Twenty four hours to turn around
Rollin' down the river.


MUCHLOVE♥

UPDATE: Ok, perhaps I was wrong about the 'great leader' stuff. But you get my point about the conformity, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment