Wednesday 12 January 2011

January 12th

Woohoo! First A Level exam EVER! Slightly scary, but I think a day off for revision beforehand worked a treat. Feeling pretty confident about my Psychology grade now ^_^

So after that, a free, where I ate my lunch and got my shoes stolen.

English, which was SUCH a drag. Even if it was full of banter with Jess about Wild Willy of the West, coming at you with his rather large and threatening weapon. I've stopped criticising Miss Kear for her teaching techniques and now I'm criticising her for her monotonous voice. She drones on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on until you fall asleep. I like English, but have little enthusiasm in her lessons. Liven up, Miss, please, for our sake if not for yours!

Then another free. Well, PE. But PE's been taken off my timetable. Medical grounds. And I'm allowed a locker to lighten the load of my bag. I love being physically unhealthy. Yay for disabilities! So instead I sat in the Durning Room and continued reading Les Miserables. Cover to cover. I'm not going to finish it by the time I leave this place. Still, there's always the musical, which I believe has had 25 years on the West End! Congrats to Alain Boubil and Claude-Michael Schoenberg. And Cameron Mackintosh.

Then there was an English lecture on an overview of WW1 (yes, it was definitely English, promise) I have to say if Miss Kear was doing the lecture instead of Mr Metson, I may have just hanged myself from the rafters there and then. Are there rafters in the lecture theatre? I don't think so. I would have found a way; desperate times call for desperate measures.

Overall though, my day was pretty boring. Although I did get into a conversation with Jess and Nick about single sex schools. The phrase that now concequently comes into my mind when thinking of my time at Holt is:


And:


On that note, I shall say goodbye for another day. Again, good luck for all with exams tomorrow! I believe it's Chemistry...?

Question still stands on the YouTube front. Someone give me an opinion...please?!

No comments:

Post a Comment