Monday 17 January 2011

January 17th

Hello World. Or, Blogosphere. Or like, I dunno. I have no idea how many people read my blog. Starting to wonder whether it's really that many people or just one person like over and over again. Whoever you are, please get help. It's not healthy. And I'm not very interesting.

I quite like being average. Well - I don't like being average. Being average totally sucks. But I like being...the common man, as it were. I like being able to complain about everyday things, like trains, instead of posh things, like incompetent butlers. The true British spirit.

Thus, I have discovered a new art. Ranting about commonplace things.

Not exactly a new art, as Rhod Gilbert's been doing it for years. However, it is a new art for me, as recently I have been thinking that nothing really happens in life and growing tired of the mundane things. But now, I have seen the light, and I see just how many irritating things I can gleefully moan about.

While we're on the subject of glee, let me talk about Glee. Now, for all the Glee fans out there, I can almost understand your love and adoration for this revolutionary new drama. Almost. Not quite. It's the most cheesy program on the box, and High School Musical was on it before Glee. And it isn't even real cheese. As a wise woman once said to me (i.e. my best friend, @SRHphotographic), High School Musical is the REAL cheese, stuff like Edam, Brie and even, I dare say, Camenbert. However, Glee is not Camenbert. It is not Brie. It is not even Edam. It isn't even a sliver of good old mature Cheddar. It's the stuff you get in the school canteen, that kind of plasticky, just-came-out-of-a-bag cheese. Like Dairylea put in a warm place for a few hours. It's revolting.

Now, I could deal with this. In fact, I considered High School Musical to be of this ilk when it first came out and there was neither hind nor hair of this Glee. However, High School Musical, corny as they may be, at least had the decency to write their own songs. They were allowed to be corny. They were written to be corny. But Glee don't even do this, oh no. They feel the need to steal other people's songs and ruin them instead. Some people call this resourceful. I call it lazy.

Yes, Mr Glee Man. I don't even know if you're in Glee anymore. But yes, you are a loser.

However, I understand that people have a right to their own opinions and the freedom to watch whatever they like on the telly. Even if I do think they're dimwits.

Shall I tell you about my day now? Basically I had no teacher for 3/4 lessons. I say 4 because I had a free first and nobody has a teacher in their frees unless your school is some sort of prison.

No. I shan't tell you about the rest of my day. I shan't tell you that I completed Assassin's Creed yesterday. I shan't tell you that I thought it was a disappointing end and I can't wait to buy the second one to see if it's any better. I like ranting about things. Especially commonplace things. Like trains.

Dear Fat Controller,
If I pur-chase of a ticket allowing me to take advantage of your wonderfully efficient locomotive facilities, I expect to a) be arriving at my destination on time, and b) be able to sit down.

People should get publicly annoyed more. It would provide for a decent show. N'night :) ♥

P.S. The irony is I feel happier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment